Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution applies to keeping and/or sharing given web content on a web server handled by a website hosting company. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a glance at these. In that way, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you desire to own a web portal, mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service distributed by various companies, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file hosting packages are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a specific stretch of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally awry interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would apportion the load between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given corporations offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you wish to share a big number of images with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of cost. You will receive a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your e-mailbox accounts. Some suppliers provide web hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you desire to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with several video files and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have trouble with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will permit you to own as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to own a site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and mails, upload videos, etc. At NTC Hosting, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single place. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the standard email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are planned for particular web content exclusively.